[Kmymoney] Prices for South African Unit Trusts

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Thu Jan 8 12:27:14 UTC 2015

Hi Christian

1) Yes ZA_UnitTrusts is a Finance::Quote source in version 1.35 for sure
and possibly earlier. How do you want this handled? Should I file an
official bug report?

2) Yes I have tried adding the web page ID as a trading symbol and it
works fine. However it is a cumbersome 10+ character code, so I modified
financequote.pl which is the KMM interface to Finance::Quote to do the
mapping from the trading symbol and to branch to ZA_UnitTrusts.pm or
ZA.pm for trusts or shares as necessary.

financequote.pl is of course used by other sources than South Africa, so
these mods are really for own use, but the perl module could be used to
keep the input side standard for all users. The web page ID has still
got to be put into the perl code for every new fund, but a test for the
source makes sure that very little unnecessary work is done in
financequote.pl for other users.

Regards
Timothy