[Kmymoney] Prices for South African Unit Trusts

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:21:58 UTC 2015

> Hi
Hi,

> KMyMoney Version 4.7.90 using KDE Development Platform 4.14.2 on Mint
> 17.1 Rebecca.
>
> I have recently had to re-install Finance::Quote and note that version
> 1.35 has a module ZA_UnitTrusts.pm. Up to now I have not been able to
> get prices for South African unit trusts since ZA.pm with Sharenet only
> returned share prices.
>
> I would like to be able to add  SA Unit Trusts to the online sources
> list to enable users to get prices for these units?

If ZA_UnitTrusts is a Finance::Quote source it should appear in KMyMoney.

> One other point is that the ZA_UnitTrusts.pm module does not accept
> stock or trading symbols since one cannot index directly to the web page
> with them. This requires initial PT to get the web page ID and then use
> that instead of the trading symbol.
>
> Is there any way that one could still use the universal trading symbol
> and have that mapped to the user input web page ID?

Are you asking if KMyMoney can do this? It does not have support for
such a mapping as far as I know. Why not add the "web page ID" in the
"trading symbol" field in KMyMoney. You can still recognize the
investment by name that way.

Regards,
Cristian