[Kmymoney] Empty accounts...

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:22:02 UTC 2015

On 29/04/15 17:34, aga wrote:

> On 29/04/15 08:15, Cristian OneČ› wrote:
>> You can export the accounts as an account template file an import that
>> template in the new file.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Cristian
>
> I think some more detail is required.  I had a quick look last night,
> doing what you suggest, without success.
>
> I think this needs to be in the handbook or FAQ, unless it is and I
> missed it.
>
> Firstly, the location to which to export needs to be
> /usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/templates/en_GB, or equivalent.  This
> needs to be as root, so possibly save locally, then copy to /usr/... etc.

PS
The snag with this is that uninstall will not know of them, and they
will be left dangling.  So, presumably, the new template needs to be
exported to kmymoney/templates/(en_GB or whatever)/, but then an install
as root would be required, which many users will be unprepared for.  All
a little messy.