[Kmymoney] Empty accounts...

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 16:34:30 UTC 2015

On 29/04/15 08:15, Cristian OneČ› wrote:
> You can export the accounts as an account template file an import that
> template in the new file.
>
> Regards,
> Cristian

I think some more detail is required.  I had a quick look last night,
doing what you suggest, without success.

I think this needs to be in the handbook or FAQ, unless it is and I
missed it.

Firstly, the location to which to export needs to be
/usr/share/kde4/apps/kmymoney/templates/en_GB, or equivalent.  This
needs to be as root, so possibly save locally, then copy to /usr/... etc.

Then, on importing, select you country in the dialog and look for your
new entry, then import it.  There is also a comment from Thomas about
converting, but that may be irrelevant in these circumstances.

Even then I seem to have problem.  I have plenty of categories but no
accounts.  I probably have missed something.

But I think this may be a reasonable start.

Allan