[Kmymoney] Consistency Check Errors

Andy Chung andy.chung at alumni.cuhk.net
Sun Apr 26 14:08:28 UTC 2015

I have similar consistency check error after upgrading to 4.7.2 in windows
platform.  Something like
"T000000000xxx has transaction date earlier than account open date"
Total dozens of errors pertaining to 2 accounts.

Instead of fixing the transactions, I change the account opening date to an
arbitrary early date.  It fixes my problem.

> Hi
>
> I am using the latest build from git which I assume is the equivalent to
> KMM 4.7.2. Two bugs which have affected me have now been fixed. Thank
> you very much.
>
> However I now have 397 consistency check errors, many of which apply to
> closed accounts. I have looked at several 'errors', one in particular
> bothers me.
>
> When several of the big insurance companies demutualized, they
> distributed free shares in proportion to the values of the policies
> held. These free shares were 'added' to start a new investment in
> kmymoney. This is now an error as no price was entered on that start
> transaction. However since no price was paid it is correct. Also
> kmymoney will not accept a zero price for 'buy shares'.
>
> I can work around it, but it is an irritant. Is there some way to turn
> off the consistency check? Or at least stop the error page from popping
> up regularly?
>
> My first error is transaction T000.....0001 and the last is
> T000....08019. They are all to do with dates of transactions which do
> not appear critical or even problematic as these are the same data as I
> have been working with forever.
>
> Regards
> Timothy

cheers,