[Kmymoney] Consistency Check Errors

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sun Apr 26 12:49:02 UTC 2015

Hi

I am using the latest build from git which I assume is the equivalent to
KMM 4.7.2. Two bugs which have affected me have now been fixed. Thank
you very much.

However I now have 397 consistency check errors, many of which apply to
closed accounts. I have looked at several 'errors', one in particular
bothers me.

When several of the big insurance companies demutualized, they
distributed free shares in proportion to the values of the policies
held. These free shares were 'added' to start a new investment in
kmymoney. This is now an error as no price was entered on that start
transaction. However since no price was paid it is correct. Also
kmymoney will not accept a zero price for 'buy shares'.

I can work around it, but it is an irritant. Is there some way to turn
off the consistency check? Or at least stop the error page from popping
up regularly?

My first error is transaction T000.....0001 and the last is
T000....08019. They are all to do with dates of transactions which do
not appear critical or even problematic as these are the same data as I
have been working with forever.

Regards
Timothy