[Kmymoney] SQL debug

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Sat Apr 25 18:39:18 UTC 2015

Hello Phil,

sorry for my late answer. I hope this is still of interest for you.

The current git master contains several changes which improve the SQL back-end.
You should really use that as some of the redundant calls are removed by now.
Also the start up should be faster (if you know who much, please tell me!).

Some redundant calls cannot be prevented. Even if KMyMoney does not support it
at the moment, it should be able to handle multiple users working with the
same database in future. In that scenario the calls may be needed.

The other problem is that the SQL back-end is everything but not straight
forward. It is really hard to see for a developer where redundant calls are
from and how to solve them.

Hope you are still working on this!

Greetings
Christian

Am Montag, 16. Februar 2015, 14:25:36 schrieb Phil Richardson:
> I am currently on kmymoney 4.6.6. Although an older build, I have explored
> what has been done in the code areas that could impact what I describe.
>
> I do intend to update, but this requires a few other operating systems to
> be updated first (Ubuntu deps issue), but I don't see anything at the code
> side that would indicate such an advantage that I should hold out on
> providing this detail.
[…]
> I am currently trying to explore the startup sequence and timings when
> using kmymoney with a MySQL server.
[…]