[Kmymoney] HowTo enter reinvestments of dividends?

Stefan Seide bugs-kde at seide.st
Mon Sep 29 10:22:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

my problem is the following with entering the reinvestment (using the values
from the example below):

for reinvestments i am able enter the following:

- new shares i got (0,406 a 52,96EUR) = 21,65EUR
- all taxes (8,36EUR and 0,45EUR)

=> now KMyMoney substracts the taxes from the 21,65EUR - it says i got
12,84EUR - thats wrong. The taxes must be subtracted from the entire dividend
i got (30,45 EUR) - the 21,65 is the remaining money after taxes, the money
where shares where reinvested from.

Trying to enter an additional dividend payment of 30,45 EUR into the split
charges window besides the two taxes does not work too. KMyMoney ignores the
30,65 EUR dividend income.

I will write more today evening when i'm back at the computer where i use
KMyMoney.

for now i may have to follow Allans advice with two seperate transactions.

Thanks,
Stefan