[Kmymoney] Fwd: KMM - online quotation update

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Sep 28 05:11:53 UTC 2014

Hi,

not sure if Pascal got this message, so I send it again with some minor
nitpicks included for Koos.

On Saturday 27 September 2014 22:18:27 Koos Pol wrote:

> Pascal,
>
> On 2014-09-27 12:04, pjp13 at free.fr wrote:
> > What I would like is to retrieve in KMM quotations of equities whith
> > codes such as FR0010287094.PA.
> > KMM can retrieve quotations with code such as GSZ.PA from yahoo web
> > page but not with code such as FR0010287094.PA which are not on yahoo
> > web page but on yahoo france web page. Unfortunately when I chose
> > Yahoo France in KMM config it doesn't find the quotation either (see
> > attached screen captures).
>
> The regexes from KMM assume Yahoo France uses a ; as column seperator.
> In reality  the column separator is ,
> This means that by changing the the ; into , you're already half way
> home.
> With a few more minor modifications, the regexes look as follows for
> Yahoo France:
>
> Symbol: ([^,]+),.+
> Price	: [^,]+,([^,]+).+
> Date	: ^.+,(.+)
>
> The one thing I'm uncertain of is the date. Becasue it's now Saturday,
> the date turns up as "N/A".
> You may need to add quotes (").
>
> > Of course, I am also interested in any information that could help me
> > to understand how to use regex.
>
> Regexes are easy once you understand they are just as a simple foreign
> language. Once you get to know the syntax and rules it's not that hard.
> Even better, in contrast of a normal, human language, a regex is
> unambiguous and follows the exact same rules each and every time.
>
> I'll give you the breakdown of the symbol part:
>
> FR0010187094.PA,0.00,"N/A"
>
> Symbol: ([^,]*),.+
>          ^_____________ ()   The string which matches the sub-pattern
> between ( and )
>                              will be remembered (and extracted by KMM).

Yes, but the symbol expression mentioned above is a bit different:

    Symbol: ([^,]+),.+

The difference is the '*' vs '+'. We get to that in a minute.

>           ^____________ [^,] A character from the list between [ ]. As
> the list starts
>                              with a ^ (meta char) , the statement
> negated. Therefor
>                              this translates to: Any character NOT equal
> to ,
>               ^________ 1    The previous item needs to match one or more
> times.

That is what the '+' is good for (which is noted as a '1' in the line above
this comment). It means 'one or more'. An asterisk here would simply mean
'zero or more'.

>                 ^______ ,    followed by a comma
>                  ^_____ .    any character
>                   ^____ +    The previous item needs to match one or more
> times.
>

> This means the quote line will be dissected against the symbol regex as
> follows:
> FR0010187094.PA , 0.00,"N/A"
>

> There's an exellent online regext engine at http://www.regexr.com/
> Here you can try out your own brew.
> A pretty good tutorial is available from:

> -dont-know-anything-about-regular-expressions-a-complete-guide--net-7869
>
> Youtube also has some nice video tutorials.
>
> Good luck!
> Koos

Flying is absolutely safe as long as you land as often
as you take off. -- Klaus Klages