[Kmymoney] Request Feedback - CSV Plugin UI

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 10:35:59 UTC 2014

I've been doing some work with the CSV Exporter plugin, and using the
Importer plugin to visualize the results.

While doing this, I realised that there is no way to import the
transaction status - Cleared, Reconciled, etc.  If I were to implement
this field in the importer, it would exacerbate the present very busy
appearance of the Banking wizard UI.

So, I came back to wondering if a new approach might be better, so I'm
attaching a screen-shot of the possible new layout.  It's very much
simplified, which is good, but might it be less helpful?

The idea is that, instead of having a combo-box for each field, there
are just two combos, one containing the field types, and another for the
user to assign the column of that field.

I'd be interested to get your views, both for and against.  A similar
arrangement would be needed for the Investment wizard.

Allan