[Kmymoney] Needing some guidance about accounts x categories x tags

Joao Roscoe joao.roscoe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 17:34:18 UTC 2014

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> If there is something there that is confus

Thank you all for your answers. All of them contributed for my better
understanding of KMM.

Jack, I did read most of the manual, and I found it quite clear. However, I
do have a suggestion: when doing accounting, it is possible to organize
things in many different ways. Some of those will be more in line with the
way of thinking of the guys developing the tool (KMM in this case), and
possibly, doing things in those more aligned ways would minimize the risk
of being trapped in awkward situations. A good way to give total novices an
insight of how to setup their initial accounting scheme (and even to give
them a minimum teaching about accounting), would be including a kind of
"use cases" or "examples" section in the manual. Something similar to your
e-mail, but with space for a lot of use cases. Or, maybe, a "use cases"
topics in KMM forum would better fit the bill, and that would allow
community contribution - I don't know.

Thank you (all developers and contributors), very much, for this *really*
nice tool. I just can't wait for the new version, with tags and the new CSV
import.

Best regards,
João