[Kmymoney] not posting entries correctly in two accounts with different currencies

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Nov 26 20:28:29 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

On Wednesday 26 November 2014 11:55:11 you  wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 07:42:41 PM you wrote:
> > Hi Thomas,
> >
> > a few questions inline:
> >
> > On Wednesday 26 November 2014 11:32:03 Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> > > If I post a transfer 25,000 from one account with currency A to another
> > > account with currency B, I get 0.01 difference in account B than what I
> > > put
> > > in the in the Exchange Rate/Price Editor box
> > >
> > > Example:
> > >
> > > In the top line it shows Amount 25,000
> > > in the "To Amount" Box I type 27,000.31 and click OK
> > >
> > > I then go to the second account where I would expect to find the
> > > 27,000.31,
> > > but I see 27,000.30, a 0.01 difference
> >
> > What are the currencies you use in this case?
>
> USD and CHF but it shouldn't matter as I enter the value, not the exchange
> rate.
> > > Version: KMyMoney-4.12.5
>
> Version 4.6.4

Can you please try to upgrade to 4.7.1. I think to remember that we have
introduced a fix for that problem, but currently don't find the trace. If the
problem still persists, please file a bug report on bugs.kde.org using this
link

https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=kmymoney4&format=guided

Please always CC the list. Thanks.

> > That seems to be the KDE version, not the KMyMoney version. Can you please
> > provide the KMyMoney version instead? Thanks.
> >
> > > All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
> > > ID 60114E63
> >
> > p.s. It seems that this one didn't :(  Mine should have a signature.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Thomas Spuhler
>
> All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
> ID 60114E63

Yes, now it did ;)

The Unix Guru's View of Sex:
# unzip; strip; touch; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; umount; sleep