[Kmymoney] Help with QIF Import Filter

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Nov 24 18:11:44 UTC 2014

Hi William,

On Monday 24 November 2014 12:45:00 William K Helbig Jr wrote:

> I am importing a QIF file that requires some minor editing prior to
> importing because of the way transaction payee matching works. I have
> written a simple script that edits the QIF file before importing.
> I can then use the default profile to import it and it does exactly what
> I want.
>
> I want to eliminate the extra step between downloading the QIF and
> importing it into KMY so I am trying to use my script as am import filter.
>
> I am having a problem getting a QIF import filter to work. When I add my
> script as a filter I am first presented with a window asking what date
> format to use. After selecting a format and clicking OK I immediately
> get the Statement stats message which shows nothing was done.

Your script should read from "stdin" and write to "stdout", so it should work
like all the unix filters do.

Which language do you use for your script? As Allen suggested, post it here or
better on the developer list (kmymoney-devel at kde.org) and we can take a look.

Las Vegas - Mecca of experimental statistics. (Jens Hoffmann)