[Kmymoney] Re-setting backup location

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri May 9 07:35:05 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On Friday 09 May 2014 19:16:29 David Love wrote:

> Jane Hadley <jhadle at gmail.com> wrote:
> > One of the features I really like about KMyMoney is how easy it is to
> > back up the file onto a separate hard drive.
> >
> > However, I find that I did not do a good job choosing the specific
> > location of my backup and I wish to change it. How do I do that?
> >
> > I tried File-> Backup and all that does is back up the file. It does not
> > give me an option to set or re-set the location.
>
> File->Backup gives me the option of choosing the Backup location and
> allows me to reset it each time, if I wish.  Have things changed since
> v4.6.1?.  I am using LinuxMint v13.0

No, they still work that way. I did not see any code change in that area
between 4.5.2 and 4.6.1 either. Starting File/Backup should present you a
dialog. Is that not the case?

BTW: 4.5.2 is really old stuff. According to my records dated 21.12.2010, but
OTOH if it is still working for you, why not using it. 4.6.1 is dated
5.11.2011 so not that much younger ;)

If a cluttered desk is characteristic of a cluttered mind,
what does an empty desk mean 1 2 a b X