[Kmymoney] Centos 6.5 issue when launching KMM with remote mysql database

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 18:51:10 UTC 2014

Hello,

I used to run bleeding edge kmymoney on a slackware workstation but
since I moved to centos 6.5 and installed the kmymoney of the epel
repository (ver. 4.5.3-1.el6.1) I am having a annoying issue with
connecting to my remote database.

Basically under slackware I launched KMM, entered my database
connection parameters (username, SQL server IP, password and DB name)
and connected.  Upon relaunching KMM, it would present me with the
database connection window and pretty much everything would be
pre-filled except the password that I would enter and then connect.

Now under centos, when I launch KMM, the database connection window
appears and is also pre-filled except for the password which I
manually enter, then I hit OK and get

Error in function int MyMoneyStorageSql::upgradeDb() : Error
retrieving file info(version)
Driver = QMYSQL, Host = centos, User = xxxxxxxxx, Database =
Driver Error:
Database Error No -1:
Text:
Error type 0
Executed: SELECT version FROM kmmFileInfo;
Query error No 1046: No database selected QMYSQL: Unable to execute query
Error type 2

If I hit cancel instead of OK, then go to file > connect to DB and
manually enter everything and click OK, I can successfully vconnect to
my DB.

Can someone check whats going on?  with the snippet "upgradeDb() :
Error retrieving file info(version)" I believe that KMM cant find the
file version info because the DB needs to be updated.

Am I correct?

Best regards
--
Louis-Philippe Allard