[Kmymoney] Investment:Buy Shares

Joe W. Byers ecjbosu at aol.com
Sun Jan 12 18:13:31 UTC 2014

I was updating my investment 401K accounts for year end to file taxes
and noticed that for BUY Shares, only the Fee category line appears now
appears in the transaction entry area.  Previously, and I am not sure in
what version, the Interest Category line was present in the input area
as well.

This is important because I work for a company that allows me to buy
stock each quarter at a discount / subsidy.  This is income to me on my
W2.  The Fee category does not accept an income category in the line
item, even when you split the line.  All of my previously entered
purchases with the discount now have the interest line hidden.  I have
to switch the transaction type to see the hidden line.

Why does this matter?  As I stated the discount is income and I believe
should appear in the income section of income and cash flow statements.
Allocating this to an expense category that is a credit (negative for
income) instead of debit does track the dollars, but not correctly.  I
have to explain it to may accountant every year or do a journal entry to
move the balance to the correct account which should not be required.
Either way, it is a hassle.

Can we get the interest category  added back to the investment entry screen?

This may be related to BUG:322768 - Interest category and amount
disappear when new fee entered in Dividend. Also, fixes for KEditWidget
visibility issues.  I believe that widget visibility should be at the
lowest common denominator.  That is if there is any question, show it
and let the user choose to enter a value, even if the programmer does
not agree.

Thank you
--
*Joe W. Byers*