[Kmymoney] Asset balance limit settings

Phil Richardson ppslim+kmymoney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 13:11:09 UTC 2014

I am attempting to make use of the limits warning system on assets, to warn
when I am approaching savings limits.

The advantage of this is that on the home screen, I can should be able to
see the remainder available to save on the Preferred Accounts panel.

However, it would seem that this function is not available, as limits cater
for minimum values, with warnings if you go below a savings threshold, not
for when you are reaching an upper one.

In a nut shell this is for a UK ISA saving. My absolute maximum balance I
can have upto the end of the current tax year is any previous years
savings, plus this years tax allowance.

eg is last year I had £2500 as the balance, and this years (2013/14)
allowance is £5760, the maximum I can hold is £8260.

Has anybody got a solution for this at all?