[Kmymoney] OFX transactions one at a time

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 11 01:49:35 UTC 2014

Well, I confirm the behavior.  Unfortunately, I don't think there are
any KMyMoney settings you can use to alter it.  It looks like it is the
<STMTTRNRS> tags (with closing </STMTTRNRS>) of which there are four -
each containing only one transaction.  I have not delved into the ofx
spec looking for this tag, but I think it probably means Statement
Transaction Record Set (or something like that) and I would expect one
per file, not one per transaction.  Without looking at the spec, I
can't be sure whether this is actually illegal OFX, or simply poor
design.

You might try calling for technical help from your bank, but I strongly
suspect that will not do much, as it seems most institutions buy (or
lease) their OFX software from someone else, and have nobody in-house
with any technical understanding at all, beyond reading some scripts on
how to use Quicken.  That said, it would be interesting to see what
Quicken would do with this file.  At minimum, you might be able to
convince them to log the call and forward it to the technical folks who
actually support OFX for them.

In practical terms, editing the OFX file might be possible, but
probably not as simple as just removing the extra
</STMTTRNRS><STMTTRNRS> pairs, since there are other sections repeated
within them which would then probably be detected as superfluous.  Were
you perhaps thinking about changing banks?

I'll update if I do get any more useful information out of the spec.

Jack