[Kmymoney] File Size - Archiving part?

Greg T gwtomsic at mchsi.com
Mon Aug 18 17:09:25 UTC 2014

Hello. This is a simple question (I hope) about my xxx.kmy file and
archiving, if any.

I have been aggressively using KMyMoney since January, 2006, without
interruption. The performance has been flawless. The program superior
and rock-solid. I thought this years ago when I advised Thomas that KMY
is "The best personal finance software for FREE users, full stop". My
grammar was not very good at the time (I should have said "The best FREE
personal finance software for users, full stop!") but nonetheless the
program has gotten relentlessly better.

THE QUESTION
With my current Linux Mint 17 installation, I have noticed it takes
about seven to ten (7-10) seconds to load my now 500Kb .kmy file. I am
assuming it might have to do with the number of records. If this is
normal with an AMD Quad-Core 3+G processor and top of line
memory/storage outfit, all is well. If not, and/or if there is a way to
archive earlier years' data to improve speed yet preserve the most
recent 2-4 years of information continuity, can someone advise.

Thanks/Muchas,
Greg