[Kmymoney] Report ignores closed accounts

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Apr 26 09:41:45 UTC 2014

Hi Kos,

On Saturday 26 April 2014 10:27:50 Koos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using KMM in a tiny business environment.
> I have just closed a few accounts which have "expired" as they pertain only
> to 2013. While running some tax & income reports over 2013, I've noticed
> that the reports ignore these closed accounts. I don't think that this is
> the correct approach. Although the accounts are closed (I can no longer
> make transactions against them) the transactions themselves are still
> valid.
>
> Is there a way to include these closed accounts in the reports?

Not sure if there is, but I always thought that the account can be closed and
as long as it has transactions matching the selected report it will be
included in the report. I might be mistaken though.

The first question here is: which version of KMM are you using?

> I agree this is only a mild issue as I can simply reopen the account. But
> the problem is that I then need to remember to check the various accounts
> to assure they are not closed, before generating reports.

That is too tedious, I agree.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.