[Kmymoney] Compiling from source

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Apr 19 09:25:18 UTC 2014

Hi Timothy,

On Saturday 19 April 2014 10:23:47 timothy wrote:

[...]

> Hi and Happy Easter
>
> I have managed to hack my way through the dependencies up to this point.
>
> timothy at tim:~/Downloads/kmymoney/build$ cmake ..
> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/bin
> -- Found Qt-Version 4.8.4 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
> -- Found X11: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so
> -- Found KDE 4.11 include dir: /usr/include
> -- Found KDE 4.11 library dir: /usr/lib
> -- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler
> preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
> -- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
> -- Boost version: 1.53.0
> -- Found the following Boost libraries:
> --   graph
> -- Found gpgme-config at /usr/bin/gpgme-config
> -- Found gpgme v1.4.2, checking for flavours...
> --  Found flavour 'vanilla', checking whether it's usable...yes
> --  Found flavour 'pthread', checking whether it's usable...yes
> -- Found Libical version 1.0
> -- Looking for RPMTools... - rpmbuild NOT FOUND
>
> -------- KMyMoney 4.6.90-ab35b0b0c1 --------
>
> Configure results (user options):
> OFX plugin:                              no
>
> KBanking plugin:                         no
>
> iCalendar export plugin:                 yes
>

> Configure results (developer options):
> Qt-Designer library support:             no
>
> Generate developer documentation:        no
>
> Build unit tests:                        no
>
> Generate API documentation with Doxygen: yes
>
> Generate HTML documentation:             no
>
> Build type: RelWithDebInfo
>
> Good - your configure finished.
> Now type 'make' to build KMyMoney. For more help, consult README.cmake
>
> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
> are set to NOTFOUND.
> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
> CMake files:
> LIBALKIMIA_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)

> Could you please help me with the following-
>
> 1) Surely I need OFX plugin and possibly KBanking plugin. How do I get
> those user options to 'yes'?

If you need OFX, you should start with the OFX plugin and leave KBanking
aside. KBanking and its underlying library AqBanking also support OFX, but
that is simply an alternative.

> 2) Do I need to bother about all the no's in the developer options?

No.

> 3) What should  LIBALKIMIA_INCLUDE_DIR be set to and how do I do that?

You will have to install libalkimia first. See
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Requirements for more requirements.
In case your distro does not have libalkimia  packaged, you can build it from
source just like KMyMoney.

http://community.kde.org/Alkimia/Development_Environment contains some
information about the build process, but they still refer to the svn repo
which has also been moved to git a while back. Using

  git clone git://anongit.kde.org/alkimia

should get you the source. You will need libgmp-devel for it to build.

Once you have libalkimia installed on your system (either by package or from
source), go to the KMyMoney build directory (where you ran 'cmake ..'), remove
the CMakeCache.txt file (which forces a full run of cmake the next time) and
re-run 'cmake ..'. This should now pick up libalkimia.

> Any pointers will be appreciated.

Please see above. You are very close. If you still have problems, please
contact us here again.

Two of the most famous products of Berkeley are LSD and UNIX.
I don't think that this is a coincidence. (anonymous)