[Kmymoney] Compiling from source

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sat Apr 19 08:23:47 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-16 at 11:50 +0100, Allan wrote:
> On 15/04/14 13:17, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> > Here are the instructions to install from git.
> > http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KMyMoney#Installation
> >
> > If there's anything missing, please let us know and we will add it there
>
> Hi Alvaro
>
> Here are my suggestions as to what could need updating in the
> installation instructions.  It will require a more expert review, of course.
>
> *Requirements* -
> KDE version out of date?
> Move libofx, Aqbanking and quote::finance into separate section 'Optional'.
>
> *Install**dependencies*
> make sure you have a compiler (g++), make, cmake
> build-essential (Ubuntu, Debian etc) g++ libkdepimlibs4-devel (for
> QGpgme) libgpgme-dev libical-dev libboost (??) libkactivities-dev (??)
> libgmp-dev libalkimia-dev
>
> *Optional* -
> The following may be needed, depending on your own needs -
> libofx  suggest changing to - libofx >= 0.9.2
> Aqbanking >= ??
> libaqbankingxx-dev libgwenhywfarxx-dev
> libfinance-quote-perl- for quote::finance
> (libboost-graph-dev (??)
>
> *Obtain source* -
> Create a new folder, perhaps named Git.
> *cd Git*
> *git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kmymoney* - this creates a kmymoney
> folder under Git
> *cd kmymoney*
> Read the README.cmake file in the root folder of the source (kmymoney)
> (In the README.cmake file -
>   - references KDE3
>   - sudo apt-get build-dep kmymoney does not help. On my Mint (Ubuntu
> derivative) I get "Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list")
>
> *mkdir build*
> *cd build*
> *cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr* - to generate the Makefiles.
> *ccmake .* - to change the configuration of the build process. (optional)
> *make* - to build the project in the build/ directory.
> *make install* - to install the project. You have to install KMyMoney to
> run it. Use sudo or switch to a superuser to run this command.
>
> Finally, type *kmymoney*
>
> I hope this is useful.
>
> Allan

Hi and Happy Easter

I have managed to hack my way through the dependencies up to this point.

timothy at tim:~/Downloads/kmymoney/build$ cmake ..
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/bin
-- Found Qt-Version 4.8.4 (using /usr/bin/qmake)
-- Found X11: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libX11.so
-- Found KDE 4.11 include dir: /usr/include
-- Found KDE 4.11 library dir: /usr/lib
-- Found the KDE4 kconfig_compiler
preprocessor: /usr/bin/kconfig_compiler
-- Found automoc4: /usr/bin/automoc4
-- Boost version: 1.53.0
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   graph
-- Found gpgme-config at /usr/bin/gpgme-config
-- Found gpgme v1.4.2, checking for flavours...
--  Found flavour 'vanilla', checking whether it's usable...yes
--  Found flavour 'pthread', checking whether it's usable...yes
-- Found Libical version 1.0
-- Looking for RPMTools... - rpmbuild NOT FOUND

-------- KMyMoney 4.6.90-ab35b0b0c1 --------

Configure results (user options):
OFX plugin:                              no

KBanking plugin:                         no

iCalendar export plugin:                 yes

Configure results (developer options):
Qt-Designer library support:             no

Generate developer documentation:        no

Build unit tests:                        no

Generate API documentation with Doxygen: yes

Generate HTML documentation:             no

Build type: RelWithDebInfo

Good - your configure finished.
Now type 'make' to build KMyMoney. For more help, consult README.cmake

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they
are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the
CMake files:
LIBALKIMIA_INCLUDE_DIR (ADVANCED)

Could you please help me with the following-

1) Surely I need OFX plugin and possibly KBanking plugin. How do I get
those user options to 'yes'?
2) Do I need to bother about all the no's in the developer options?
3) What should  LIBALKIMIA_INCLUDE_DIR be set to and how do I do that?

Any pointers will be appreciated.

Timothy