[Kmymoney] OFX import not using default brokerage account for 'Dividend'

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 14 21:32:42 UTC 2014

On 2014.04.14 16:00, Bob Ewart wrote:
> I have a similar problem to Timothy when importing dividends from
> Merrill Lynch via ofx.
>
> I'm using Kmymoney 4.6.4 and have two accounts "Merrill-Lynch" and
> "Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage)" among others.
>
> When I import the .ofx file, the cash (from other than dividends)
> goes into Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage) as expected.  The dividends all
> show up in Merrill-Lynch flagged with $0.00 value and no account
> showing below.
>
> Click on one to edit it and the account shows up as Merrill-Lynch
> (Brokerage) with a value showing, but the  Enter button is grayed out.
>
> Click on the account and start retyping it.  Merrill-Lynch
> (Brokerage) is selected.  Now the Enter button is active.
>
> Click on Enter and the amount then goes into the Merrill-Lynch
> (Brokerage) account.
>
> Bob

I've been fighting to do useful imports from Merrill Lynch for some
time.  I seem to recall I also tripped up on this exact issue the last
time I tried to to an OFX direct connect.  I have a very vague
recollection that I did send something to the list about it - but I'll
have to check my notes and the list archives.  I think I did find an
easier way to enable the enter button (a few clicks, no typing) but
I'll have to see if I can jog my memory, since I can't remember now
what I actually ended up doing.