[Kmymoney] OFX import not using default brokerage account for 'Dividend'

Bob Ewart bob-ewart at bobsown.net
Mon Apr 14 20:00:23 UTC 2014

I have a similar problem to Timothy when importing dividends from
Merrill Lynch via ofx.

I'm using Kmymoney 4.6.4 and have two accounts "Merrill-Lynch" and
"Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage)" among others.

When I import the .ofx file, the cash (from other than dividends) goes
into Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage) as expected.  The dividends all show up
in Merrill-Lynch flagged with $0.00 value and no account showing below.

Click on one to edit it and the account shows up as Merrill-Lynch
(Brokerage) with a value showing, but the  Enter button is grayed out.

Click on the account and start retyping it.  Merrill-Lynch (Brokerage)
is selected.  Now the Enter button is active.

Click on Enter and the amount then goes into the Merrill-Lynch
(Brokerage) account.

Bob