[Kmymoney] OFX import not using default brokerage account for 'Buy Shares'

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 16:59:14 UTC 2014

On 14/04/14 15:55, timothy wrote:

> On Mon, 2014-04-14 at 14:38 +0100, Allan wrote:
>> On 14/04/14 14:28, timothy wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am running KMM 4.6.90 on Mint 16 using KDE Development Platform
>>> 4.11.5.
>>>
>>> I have imported an OFX 'Buy Share' transaction which gives an error
>>> condition. The error is that the Account field is blank and consequently
>>> there is a missing assignment of the cost of the shares.
>>>
>>> On editing this transaction, the field is automatically populated with
>>> the correct default brokerage account, but the Enter button is greyed
>>> out (only the Cancel button is alive). To complete the transaction one
>>> has to delete the brokerage account name and then manually enter the
>>> same account again. The Enter button the becomes alive and the
>>> transaction can be completed. The funds are correctly transferred from
>>> the brokerage account with the correct Payment entry.
>>>
>>> The OFX file does not contain a reference to transfer account and my
>>> understanding is that it should default to the brokerage account in this
>>> case.
>>>
>>> Is this a bug or is there some other way to carry out this transaction
>>> correctly?
>>>
>>> Your comments would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Timothy
>>>

>> It's possible that the Enter button is not enabled if the transaction
>> date is prior to the account's opening date.  Is the date field colour
>> red?  Try editing the account and check/change the opening date.
>>
>> Allan
>

> No the account opening date is back in 2005 and the transaction is now.
>
> Timothy

OK.  Are you importing an OFX file or by direct connect?  If you have or
can get an OFX file, and if on importing it, you get the error, might
you be able to send me (off-line) a copy to try to reproduce the issue?
  Just edit it to remove any personal data, account names, amounts etc.
  That would help tremendously

Allan