[Kmymoney] Issue while importing statement data from CSV file

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 19:25:32 UTC 2014

On 07/04/14 20:13, Marco Dahms wrote:
> Dear KMyMoney Experts,
>
> A friend of mine encouraged me to manage my financial stuff with KMyMoney.
> Therefore I started by exporting my bank statements as CSV from my
> online banking system.
> During the import I receive the error message "Row 2 does not have the
> expected number of columns".
>
> Do you have any advice what this message means?
> I think I have chosen the correct columns for the amount, the payee etc.
>
> Let me know your comments.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Marco

Hi Marco

Generally, that happens when, apart from the data rows, there are header
lines.  The plugin needs to find the number of columns/fields in the
file, but often finds that the header line/s have fewer, possibly just one.

However, in case the user has entered the wrong starting line, when it
finds fewer fields than expected, that message is output to warn the
user.  The user is given the option to accept just that first error, or
all later similar errors.

So, when you see that, see what shows in the table and what details the
error message gives.  If you've entered the wrong starting row number,
does it look like the header line/s have fewer column?  If so, accept
that one line.  If you get another similar message, you can opt to
accept all.

If that doesn't fix it, we need to investigate.

Allan