[Kmymoney] Stock Transfer

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 3 18:22:24 UTC 2014

On 2014.04.03 13:50, Ryan Novosielski wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Some changes were made to my investment portfolio and a couple of
> accounts that had been separate (certificated shares and direct
> registered shares) are now joined. So I was looking for a way to
> transfer shares out of an account and transfer them into the new one
> to record what actually took place. However, it seems like investment
> accounts do not do transfers.
>
> Is there a way to do what I'm looking to do, or a reason not to?

Unfortunately, there is no "transfer stock" type transaction.  I
believe the best you can do is to simply do a "remove shares" from one
account and an "add shares" to the other.  When you first add that
stock to the second account, it should ask if you want to use the
existing equity.  You want to answer yes to that, so you don't end up
with two different equities for the same stock.  What I did was to
create the remove shares transaction, then duplicate it, move the
duplicate transaction to the second account, then edit that transaction
changing from remove to add.