[Kmymoney] Problem importing simple CSV

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 15:50:53 UTC 2013

Hello,

so I am trying to import a simple 3 column CSV file that was generated by
libreoffice calc.

Upon selecting the file in KMM I am presented with its content, KMM
automatically detects the proper field mapping (column 1 as the date, 2 as
the payee/description, and 3 as the amount).

I make sure in "Settings" everything is OK then I click import.

Immediately there is a popup saying

"Enter debit flag column number".

This is very unclear.  I assume KMM is asking which column is containing
the debit amounts but why would it ask that if it automatically detected it
was column 3??  I tried leaving it blank and entering 3, same result int he
end.  Can anyone explain what this is?

Then I select the account ti want to import the transactions to.  In my
case, I select my chequing account in the dropdown lost and click OK.

Immediately KMM says

 KMyMoney has found a scheduled transaction named Federal Income
Deductionswhich matches an imported transaction. Do you want KMyMoney
to enter this
schedule now so that the transaction can be matched?

I have NO idea how this is possible since all of my transactions in the CSV
file have IDENTICAL payees to the ones already in KMM and they are
associated to restaurants.  How is KMM making the association between a
scheduled transaction that has NO similar or identical keywords and has no
ties whatsoever???

I select No and answer this approximately 70 times......

Finally, it says that it has imported all 237 transactions but created 13
new payees... Basically, KMM re-created every payee that was already in my
payee list/

Why's that?

Thank you for your help and assistance!