[Kmymoney] import csv problems

Gary Kirkpatrick pegngary at gmail.com
Mon May 27 14:04:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 3:23 PM, aga <agander93 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 May 2013 15:13:55 +0200
>> Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > That's a 4.6.3.1 so that should be it.  However I do notfind the ppa
>> > there. I need the whole thing so I can copy and paste -  I am
>> > uncertain if I can get it right otherwise.  I tried installing the
>> > tar but I do not know how unless it opens with software center, which
>> > is does not.  With the ppa I can do it thru software ctr or synaptic.
>> >

>> > thanks
>> >
>> > garyk
>>
>> Did you add the PPA to your sources, as per
>> https://launchpad.net/~claydoh/+archive/kmymoney2-kde4 ?
>>
>> Also, check to get the dbug synbols, too.
>>
>> Allan
>>

> This does not tell me very clearly what exactly to add to synaptic.   I
> had to do some digging and thinking.  Frustration level got high.
>
> But here it is:
>
> sudo add-apt-repository  ppa:claydoh/kmymoney2-kde4
>
> Then sudo apt-get update
>
> I installed from Software Center tho snyaptic would be fine.
> Then from synaptic I added the debug- which you can not do from Software
> Center so doing the whole thing from Synaptic would be a little easier.
>
> Now will try the csv import.
>
> thanks!
>

> garyk

Ok got an import.  It complained about the number of columns - not sure why
since I deleted tons of them that looked empty using Lib Office.  I have to
get statements to reconcile and for some reason we are locked out of the
bank right now so that part will wait till tomorrow.  Bank accts. are
easier for me anyway.

Apparently there is no update of KMM coming into 12.04, which led to all
this.

thanks for everyone's help!

garyk