[Kmymoney] transactions not showing in ledger

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 23 18:33:06 UTC 2013

On 2013.05.23 11:25, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> I tried sending the recent txt file, which I did before I tried
> updating the associated brokerage account.  It got bounced back.
> There is too much personal info in there to delete easily.
One file did come through.  I'll look at it when I have more time.

> When I updated the brok. acct. just now, it did not download anything
> after it connected.  I think that means it had already done so.
What does the popup say about how many transactions it downloaded, and
whether they were duplicates or matches?

> The balance is off on the brokerage acct.
>
> There have been transactions in the investment acct and there is
> currently a balance there of invested funds.
>
> I am confused about what opening balance to give as the investment
> acct showed one balance Jan 31, 2012 (as far back as institution will
> allow downloads) and the brokerage another.

The cash balance in a KMM investment account is always 0.  The balance
it displays is the value of the contained securities based on the most
recent value available for each, which will not likely match the value
shown by the institution, as the security prices rarely match exactly.

The cash value should be the value of the brokerage account.  The
starting/opening value should be the balance of the account right
before the first transaction you are going to include, whether by
downloading or manual entry.  That way, your KMM account should track
the on-line account, as long as they both have the same transactions
included.