[Kmymoney] transactions not showing in ledger

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 23 14:56:28 UTC 2013

On 2013.05.23 10:31, Gary Kirkpatrick wrote:
> Ok, what have I done wrong?
>
> I set up a new investment account.  I mapped to an account, updated
> it.  The program says it has download transactions (presumably from
> 1/1/2012 when it was opened but nothing added until 2/12).  When I
> open the ledger, there is nothing!  It is the correct legder.  The
> associated brokerage acct also has a blank ledger.  When I opened the
> same account as a cash account only i how transactions.

Gary,

At the end of an OFX download, you should see a summary of the number
of transactions downloaded and whether they were new, duplicate,
matched, ....  You may need to try again to see what it says.  Also, on
the KMM accounts page (or home page, if you have it configured to
display the accounts) does it show any balance for either the
investment or the brokerage account?  Are you sure there are investment
transactions to download?  Cash transactions will not get included in
the investment account.  One other thing you might try is to repeat the
download, capturing the log, by creating an empty file called
ofxlog.txt in your home directory before doing the download.  Note that
if KMM thinks it has already done the download, you may have to edit
the account to reset the online tab to download all available
transaction instead of just those since the previous download.

Let us know if any of this helps.