[Kmymoney] invalid transaction ID

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:34:09 UTC 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013 18:36:35 +0200
Gary Kirkpatrick <pegngary at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I try to change the date in the 'online bank' info under
> accounts/edit I get
>
> Unable to modify account 'xxxxxxxxxxxxx'. Cause: Invalid transaction
> id ''
>

> I see some references online to it but I am hoping I do not have to
> plow through all those and someone has an easy answer.

Does Tools/Consistency check show up anything amiss?

I don't use OFX so can't give any specific advice.  If no-one else
suggests better, I'd make sure you have backup, then save your file as
XML and search for "TRANSACTIONS", then that account and look through
the transactions for that invalid id.  You could then edit out that
transaction - carefully!  Then open that xml file in KMM again - it can
handle xml.

Allan