[Kmymoney] OFX import and double entries

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon May 20 04:52:37 UTC 2013

Hi Hugo,

On Monday 20 May 2013 03:47:24 hugo borrell wrote:

> Hello @all,
>
> Up to now I was importing OFX data from my bank acount and KMM seemed to
> guess where to start importation : there were no double entries.
>
> Now that I changed my computer, all entries available in the OFX data is
> copied in the registry, wich makes a lot of double entries.
>
> Worse, I tried to select double entries and clicked "correspond" and KMM
> answered that this was not permitted.
>
> How can I get back to a "clean" import that avoids double entries ?

Can you try to extract a set of these duplicate transactions from the data
file and send them to me personally for further analysis? See the manual [1]
for details how to convert it to a (human) readable format.

[1] http://kmymoney.org/kde4/online-manual/details.formats.compressed.html

What we call chaos is just patterns we haven't recognized.
What we call random is just patterns we can't decipher.
What we can't understand we call nonsense.
What we can't read we call gibberish. - Chuck Palahniuk