[Kmymoney] Moving 1.0.4 to 4.6.3 - Share Totals not shown

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 13:41:18 UTC 2013

On Wed, 01 May 2013 08:26:20 -0500
Larry McMains <larrymcmains at comcast.net> wrote:

> I just moved from KMyMoney 1.0.4 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS to KMyMoney
> 4.6.3 on Ubuntu 13.04. I transferred the data by copying the xxxx.kmy
> file to the new system and opening it with the new version of
> KMyMoney (newly installed via the Ubuntu software Center). Everything
> seems to be OK except that investment accounts that consist of one or
> more stocks do not show the the number of shares held. On version
> 1.0.4, the account view for such an account has a "+" beside it
> which, when expanded, shows an additional line for each stock held in
> the account with the number of shares owned and their value at the
> current price (with the subtotals adding up to the account total). On
> 4.6.3, there is no option to expand the listing to show the share
> totals. The number of shares in the contained investments has to be
> known internally to the program, though, because the account value is
> correct and changes correctly if I update the stock prices.
>
> I considered reporting this as a bug, but am hesitant to do so,
> thinking that I may have not properly transferred my data to the new
> version. Would anyone have thoughts on how to correct the problem or
> whether it should be reported as a bug?

It may be that you need to check Settings/Configure KMM.  Select
General view and the filter tab.  See if ticking Show equity accounts
helps.

In Accounts view, I see each investment with, below it, the stock.  In
the balance column, you should see the quantity for that stock.  You
may need to expand that column.

Allan