[Kmymoney] Importing from Quicken (2008).

Dada Krpasundarananda krpasundarananda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 19:58:55 UTC 2013

Hello,

To import my 10years of financial data from Quicken 2008 to KMyMoney I first exported all the accounts to a qif file then I imported this file into KMM and after an hour of working it added all the ledgers.

However there are a few issues that I hope someone can help me to resolve.

1) transfers between accounts are added twice when the original accounts are in different currencies, each currency amounts gets added to each account.
I can manually resolve this but it would take a long time.

2) All accounts are imported in the same base currency though the original accounts are all in different currencies. If I try to edit the account afterwards the base currency drop down box is greyed out. How can I resolve this? Why is it not doing it when importing. The amount show up right so only the currency needs to be changed.

3) It creates a separate account (leger) for each tag used in quicken. So what is one account in Quicken, say "My US$" gets split in several accounts (ledgers) according to the tags. Can I prevent this from happening? I prefer losing the tags than having all these extra (sub?) accounts.

Thanks so much.
Dada

PS I am using the latest KMM on Windows XP and hope to finally switch to Open SUSE once the data is transferred.