[Kmymoney] Data Entry Problem

Doug Brown toquehead at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 05:55:30 UTC 2013

On 01/03/2013 10:04 PM, aga wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:59:56 +1100
> Doug Brown<toquehead at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I am having trouble getting some data entered, and have been unable
>> to figure it out.
>>
>> I am running kmy 4.6.3 on Windows 7 using a file data store.
>>
>> I am trying to enter a dividend for a security. I have done this
>> before for the same security, so my usual approach is to duplicate
>> the most recent dividend transaction and make changes as necessary.
>> This time, however, the amount I enter in the "Fees" box is not
>> saved, so I am stuck with the Fee from the duplicated transaction.
>>
>> If I switch the Activity from Dividend to Interest Income, the Fees
>> field disappears. If I resize the kmy window, the Fee field shows up
>> again (but if I''m using a transaction form, the "Fees" label does
>> not). I can enter the correct fee, but after saving the transaction,
>> it reverts to the duplicated fee.
>>
>> If I enter the transaction from scratch, I need to do the window
>> resize trick to get the Fees field to show. I can then enter a fee,
>> but after saving the transaction, it is stored as 0.
>>
>> If I go to a different investment account, I can enter this
>> transaction fine, and as I said, I have entered it in the offending
>> investment account before. I can't see any differences between the
>> two accounts.
>>
>> My database does have multiple currencies, but this transaction, and
>> all referenced accounts/categories, are all one currency.
>>
>> Tools==>Consistency Check does not report any problems.
>>
>> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> TIA.
>>
>> d.
> I know you've run previously on Mint, and I see you're now running kmy
> 4.6.3 on Windows 7.
>
> How did you make the move?  Are you using the same file, or did you
> make a fresh start?
I just used the same file and carried on.

> When you last added a new Dividend, was that on Mint or on Windows?
Windows. I made the move a few months ago.

> If you do the duplicate trick now, can you successfully edit any field,
> or do they all revert to unedited?

I can successfully edit all fields except "Fees" and "Interest".

> Are you adding a current date or a historic one?  Is the account's
> opening date set prior to the earliest transaction?  It needs to be.

I am entering a transaction from the near past. The account start date
is the same as the first recorded transaction; I tried moving to the day
before, and it may no difference.

Thanks.

d.