[Kmymoney] Data Entry Problem

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 11:04:35 UTC 2013

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 11:59:56 +1100
Doug Brown <toquehead at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble getting some data entered, and have been unable
> to figure it out.
>
> I am running kmy 4.6.3 on Windows 7 using a file data store.
>
> I am trying to enter a dividend for a security. I have done this
> before for the same security, so my usual approach is to duplicate
> the most recent dividend transaction and make changes as necessary.
> This time, however, the amount I enter in the "Fees" box is not
> saved, so I am stuck with the Fee from the duplicated transaction.
>
> If I switch the Activity from Dividend to Interest Income, the Fees
> field disappears. If I resize the kmy window, the Fee field shows up
> again (but if I''m using a transaction form, the "Fees" label does
> not). I can enter the correct fee, but after saving the transaction,
> it reverts to the duplicated fee.
>
> If I enter the transaction from scratch, I need to do the window
> resize trick to get the Fees field to show. I can then enter a fee,
> but after saving the transaction, it is stored as 0.
>
> If I go to a different investment account, I can enter this
> transaction fine, and as I said, I have entered it in the offending
> investment account before. I can't see any differences between the
> two accounts.
>
> My database does have multiple currencies, but this transaction, and
> all referenced accounts/categories, are all one currency.
>
> Tools==>Consistency Check does not report any problems.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> TIA.
>
> d.

I know you've run previously on Mint, and I see you're now running kmy
4.6.3 on Windows 7.

How did you make the move?  Are you using the same file, or did you
make a fresh start?

When you last added a new Dividend, was that on Mint or on Windows?

If you do the duplicate trick now, can you successfully edit any field,
or do they all revert to unedited?

Are you adding a current date or a historic one?  Is the account's
opening date set prior to the earliest transaction?  It needs to be.

Allan