[Kmymoney] maximum amount per transaction

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 26 14:53:19 UTC 2013

On 2013.07.24 16:12, hugo borrell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I 've been posting today about splitting meal transaction into "meal"
> category and "non deductible" category. This is half of the french
> taxes regulations problem : a meal is not supposed to cost more than
> a maximum amount (17,70 €) upon wich the "non deductible" part is
> fixed (4,55 €) and the "meal" category varies between 0 and 13,15  €
> (17,70 - 4,55).
>
> As a result, if the meal costed more than 17,70 €, the "meal" part of
> the split is fixed to the maximum (13,15 €) and the rest of the
> transaction is "non deductible".
>
> Of course, I guess it might be hard to develop such tricky rules, but
> *is there a way to set an alert of some sort if the "meal" part
> overpass the maximum tolerated amout of 13,15 € ?*

I agree with Thomas that there is no current way to set an interactive
alert like this.  (I have no idea whether the plugin framework even
allows for something like this.)  However, you might be able to create
a report that displays any transactions that have an amount over the
limit, and you could check that on a regular basis.

However, for a transaction that does exceed the limit, would you want
two splits or three?  If you start with the split for the 4,55 fixed
amount, then when you look at the remaining total for the meal, if it
is under the limit, you are done.  If it is over the limit, you set
that split to 13,15, and then put the remaining amount to a third split
to the "non deductible" category.