[Kmymoney] QIF investment fees subtracted twice

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 13:10:39 UTC 2013

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:23:32 +0200
timothy <timboyle at afrihost.co.za> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running KMM 4.6.3 Using KDE 4.8.5 on Mint 13.
>
> I am importing a dividend (DivX) via a QIF file into an investment
> account to be transferred to a cheque account. The QIF file has the
> dividend amount (T) as 1150.00 and the fees/commission (O) as 150.00.
>
> After import KMM shows the fees as 150.00, the dividend as 1000.00 and
> the total as 850.00. The net dividend amount is displayed in the
> ledger as 850.00 which is 300 less than the QIF amount.
>
> If I make the fees negative -150, the amounts are added twice and the
> total amount of 1450 is shown.
>
> The only way to get the correct amounts is to enter a bogus dividend
> of 1300 in the QIF which is then subtracted twice and 1000 is then
> shown as the net net amount in the ledger.
>
> I tried to get a QIF output file from Alan's CSV-plugin with no
> success as I am not sure of the content of the input CSV file, but I
> would be interested to know whether the same code is used for the
> import in the plugin and how the fees are handled there.
>
> Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Regards
> Timothy

Hi Timothy

I wouldn't waste time trying to produce a QIF file via the CSV plugin.
It's now really there for historical reasons and because I haven't had
time to remove it.

However, if you attempted to use the plugin, did you try to follow
through to complete the import?

However, if you already have a QIF file, then that needs to be made to
work.  To be sure I try to do what you tried, can you send me your QIF
file direct, with any private info disguised.

Allan