[Kmymoney] QIF investment fees subtracted twice

timothy timboyle at afrihost.co.za
Sun Jul 14 11:23:32 UTC 2013

Hi

I am running KMM 4.6.3 Using KDE 4.8.5 on Mint 13.

I am importing a dividend (DivX) via a QIF file into an investment
account to be transferred to a cheque account. The QIF file has the
dividend amount (T) as 1150.00 and the fees/commission (O) as 150.00.

After import KMM shows the fees as 150.00, the dividend as 1000.00 and
the total as 850.00. The net dividend amount is displayed in the ledger
as 850.00 which is 300 less than the QIF amount.

If I make the fees negative -150, the amounts are added twice and the
total amount of 1450 is shown.

The only way to get the correct amounts is to enter a bogus dividend of
1300 in the QIF which is then subtracted twice and 1000 is then shown as
the net net amount in the ledger.

I tried to get a QIF output file from Alan's CSV-plugin with no success
as I am not sure of the content of the input CSV file, but I would be
interested to know whether the same code is used for the import in the
plugin and how the fees are handled there.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Regards
Timothy