[Kmymoney] Paper size

Nick Leverton nick at leverton.org
Sat Jan 26 22:56:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 02:41:10PM +0100, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Friday 18 January 2013 12:19:12 Volker Paul wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I just found out that Konqueror has the same problem.
> > I exported the report to HTML and opened it in Konqueror.
> > Here too, "pages from .. to" shows "1" to "1", but what prints are 2 pages.
> > So the problem seems to be with the KDE HTML print system.
>
> Well, you won't see more pages here. A web page is a web page and counts as 1
> even if it takes two pieces of paper. I know, your expactation is different,
> but that's how things are.

I've been accustomed to that, but I still find it awkward that my reports
may be split even in the middle of a rendered line.

I gather the KDE4 print system is a bit lacking compared to KDE3 so I had
delayed bugging it.  I was expecting the new QT printer to come in any
time and offer some nice possibilities to suggest, but it's been delayed
until very recently what with the Nokia changes.  It would be nice if the
report engine can be changed to render individual pages at some point,
maybe optional page or running totals too you know the sort of thing :-)

Nick