[Kmymoney] PNC Bank no suitable account.

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 18 14:10:33 UTC 2013

On 2013.01.18 06:34, Allan wrote:
> On 18/01/13 07:54, Ryan Larrowe wrote:
>> Hello,
>>      I get the following error when I try to access my PNC account:
>>
>>      no suitable account found at this bank.
>>
>>      I could not find any information on line about this issue.  I
>> was
>> wondering if you had any suggestions.  I am using kmymoney 4.6.2.

> I'm not an OFX user, but it seems these issues tend to be transient
> and do get resolved, possibly at the bank.
>
> Have you connected successfully before?  It might be an idea to
> contact your bank.  Did you earlier contact them to allow you OFX
> access?
>
> Did you specify KMyMoney as your application?  If so, it might be
> best first to specify Quicken (possibly 2008) and try again, and also
> when contacting your bank.

The other issue is that the OFX error message from banks is often
misleading.  To get more debug information from the OFX dialog, you
need to create an empty file called ofxlog.txt in your home directory.
Then after you try to connect again, it will have a trace of the
connection.  Be sure to remove or mask any identifying information
(account numbers, passwords, ...) if you post it.