[Kmymoney] A question for users that can obtain their bank account statement in CSV format

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 12:47:26 UTC 2013

Hi,

Pretty long subject... but I wanted to catch the user's eye before
reading the mail. The question is the following (it's more of a
survey):
Does the CSV obtained from your bank contains any data that can be
used to identify your bank account in KMyMoney?

My answer was:
It contains the account's IBAN.

Please participate in this survey so we can implement an account
auto-detection mechanism in the CSV importer plugin. This means that
ideally one would only choose 'File->Import CSV->Selected
profile->Selected file' and 'voila' the transactions would be imported
into the correct account.

Regards,
Cristian