[Kmymoney] Adding a "loan" with 0% interest

Nico Kruber nico.kruber at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:51:19 UTC 2013

On Tuesday 12 Feb 2013 07:21:54 Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 11 February 2013 19:53:29 Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> >    I have recently purchased a car and the contract I got was a monthly
> >
> > payment with no interests.  Obviously, the contract has a fixed duration
> > and the payments are all the same except the last one which is a bit less
> > (balloon payment).
> >
> >    This loan is for a car so unlike a mortgage, the money spent (the
> >    monthly
> >
> > payments) are NOT to be transferred to the asset (the car) because its not
> > true the car will gain value over time (I wish!!!)...  SO basically, its
> > like a rental (the way it mathematically works) in the sense that for a
> > certain monthly amount, I keep using the car until the balance is $0.  Its
> > also technically NOT a loan since I did not borrow money to buy it.
> >
> >    So what would be the best way to accurately represent this scenario in
> >
> > KMM??  I tried a load with the load wizard, entering a 0% interest rate,
> > but KMM freaks out on the scheduled transaction created by the loan wizard
> >
> > and says:
> >    "The transaction has a missing assignment of
> >    $99,568,234,215,235,214.22"

regardless of which type of representation is the best, this is still a bug
present in the current release (which I am also suffering from but didn't have
the time to report)

also the net worth graph picks up this huge number (possibly uint<->int
conversion or an integer under/overflow). Has this already been fixed?
If so, could you direct me to the patch so I can include it into my package?

Thank you
Nico