[Kmymoney] KMM qif Import

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 10:16:11 UTC 2013

On Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:42:30 +0200
"L. Jacinto" <ljacinto at telkomsa.net> wrote:

> OS Ubuntu 12.04 LTS precise
>
> QIF file to Import "Cash Act.qif"
>
> KMM file "TRY Import-01.kmy
>
> KMM Account "Cash Acct."
>

> File -- Import -- QIF > QIF File to Import: (Cash Act.qif) -- Import
>
> Window with QIF File to Import (Cah Acct.qif)
>
> *Import options*
>
> Qif Profile:*Default*
>
> Open New General

> Balance text: Opening Balance
>
> Account delimiter: [] Void mark: VOID Attempt to match similar
> transactions (OFF)
>
> _Comment: tried with ON or OFF no change_
>
> *Filter*
>
> Input filter location: Mdance Export/Cash Acct.qif (CORRET) Input
> filter type: QIF
>
> Output filter location: /Documents/Kmymoney 4.6.3/TRY Import-01kmy
> (CORRET)
>
> *Date*
>
> Date Format: %d5mmm%yy Apostrophe Handling: 2000-2099
>
> *Amounts*
>
> *Field QIF-Record Decimal Symbol Thousand Delimiter*
>
> Value T **. ,
>
> Split-Value $ . ,
>
> Commission 0 . ,
>
> Price I . ,
>
> Quantity Q . ,
>

> Decimal Symbol: .
>
> Thousand Separator: ,
>
> *OK (*Back to QIF Import)
>
> Source of QIF: Bank statement
>

> Click Import window opens title: Statements stats-KMyMoney
>
> "The statements have been processed with the following results: Click
> OK
>
> *NOTHING BEEN IMPORTE*

Just a small point, but when replying, please would you reply to the
list, so that others may become involved - unless of a private nature.

Now, to your problem.  I suspect the issue is to do with the QIF
profile you're using.  A filter should not be needed, unless you are
using a script to convert to QIF format.  Importing a Moneydance QIF
file should not need a filter.  Try using the default profile, unless
that has been edited, but which ever one you use, the import and output
filter location should be empty/blank.  If you try to run KMM from the
command line - entering 'kmymoney' - you might see a message
"starting filter failed :-(
"

 See how that goes.

Allan