[Kmymoney] QIF file import

L. Jacinto ljacinto at telkomsa.net
Thu Aug 15 15:24:00 UTC 2013

I Jack

Ubuntu 12.04 precise

I answer you on 10-August and apologise for this email if is to early
but I want to try to explain.

KMM 4.8.5 you ask to send qif file I don't have nothing in Ubuntu can
read this file if you kind explain how to read it.

Following your advice download Kmymoney -- 4.6.3.tar.bz2 I download from
your web site, reading the installation I having a problem to understand
line 4.

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/
$ make # This step may be needed twice
$ make install

It is important that the prefix is the same one that is used by your
already installed KDE software. If it does not match, you will run into
problems later. *(The last step should be executed with admin
privileges. Either switch to root or use sudo, or the appropriate steps
for your installation*

"*prefix is the same one that is used by your already installed KDE
software."*

Should I write all the line but change the prefix? Mine is Kde4 in
user/share

*$ cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_Kde4=/usr/share.*

Ubuntu advise me to install the ppa version, I don't like ppa version I tried but will prefer to have
the one from your web site and still dint import qif files successfully.
Sorry for this be so big, but I need KMM very badly and of course to import my Moneydance qif files
successfully to start with it.
Please help me until this archived and thank you.