[Kmymoney] internal transactions show up twice

hugo borrell hugoborrell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 20:11:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

I'm messing around each time I make internal transactions : KMM imports 2
different transactions in the 2 different accounts.

I guess this comes from the fact that when I order the transaction, I can
choose to set different comments on the 2 accounts : for eg. I write "comes
from check account" on my savings account, and "goes to savings account" on
my check account. This way, I know that this is the same transaction but
KMM doesn't.

I guess that if I set the same comment, like "internal operation" on both
sides, KMM might get a chance to detect a correspondance, but I'm than
fooled by an automatic comment from the bank that adds "VIR" on the
destination account.

The more upsetting about this is that I can't set a correspondance
manually, as explained here :

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/extragear-office/kmymoney/details.ledgers.match.html

"The matching interface will not allow you to match two transactions which
have both been imported"

OK, so what can I do from there ? Deleting the operation is not a solution,
as explained in documentation :

"Specifically with OFX or HBCI, it is important not to delete the imported
transaction, because you will find that the next time you import your
transactions, the deleted transaction shows up again."

Can someone tell me what should be the good practice, from transaction
order to KMM importation ?

Thanks,

Hugo