[Kmymoney] transfer auto detection

Atish Nazir gomi at littleworld.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 13:27:28 UTC 2013

On 03/04/13 12:53, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wednesday 03 April 2013 10:22:00 Atish Nazir wrote:

>>> If I understand correctly what you want, yes, it can work.  However, for
>>> any transaction, it is important to get the first imported instance set
>>> up correctly.  For example, if you import the credit card OFX, the
>>> payment will just show up as a deposit to the account.  You need to
>>> manually edit that to be a transfer from the current account.   If you
>>> don't do that, then the current account OFX import will just show a
>>> payment, not a transfer.  On an OFX import, KMM only matches imported
>>> transactions to transactions already in that account.  It does not look
>>> for matches in other accounts.
>> Thank you, that worked nicely on a copy of my personal accounts.
>>
>> Is there a way to use the payee auto-matching to mark transactions as
>> transfers?
> Did you try to use the Default Account assignment in the payees view? I am not
> sure if this only works for new transactions or also for imported (they should
> be new to KMyMoney as well).

Thanks, that sort of works.  The failure point now is trying to
articulate payee matchers to hit a specific account and making sure that
I import statements for accounts in a particular order.  For the time
being, I'm going to keep it simple, do the transfers manually so that I
don't end up with a brittle set-up.

Thanks for all your help, think I've got a much better understanding now.