[Kmymoney] transfer auto detection

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Apr 3 11:53:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Wednesday 03 April 2013 10:22:00 Atish Nazir wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2013, at 23:20, Jack wrote:
> > On 2013.04.02 15:50, Atish Nazir wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I have a current account and two credit cards; I pay off my credits cards
> >> via direct debt and BACS from my current account.  I import OFXs for all
> >> three accounts manually. I can't figure out how to get KMyMoney to auto
> >> match the withdrawals from my current account to the payments on my
> >> credit cards. The amounts match and the dates match.  I can create the
> >> transactions by hand, but it's cumbersome and I have to ensure that I
> >> delete the imported payments and withdrawals. Thanks in advance.
> >
> > If I understand correctly what you want, yes, it can work.  However, for
> > any transaction, it is important to get the first imported instance set
> > up correctly.  For example, if you import the credit card OFX, the
> > payment will just show up as a deposit to the account.  You need to
> > manually edit that to be a transfer from the current account.   If you
> > don't do that, then the current account OFX import will just show a
> > payment, not a transfer.  On an OFX import, KMM only matches imported
> > transactions to transactions already in that account.  It does not look
> > for matches in other accounts.
> Thank you, that worked nicely on a copy of my personal accounts.
>
> Is there a way to use the payee auto-matching to mark transactions as
> transfers?

Did you try to use the Default Account assignment in the payees view? I am not
sure if this only works for new transactions or also for imported (they should
be new to KMyMoney as well).

As soon as there is an optimist who discovers a light that does not exist
there is a pessimist who blows it out. (Giovanni Guareschi)