[Kmymoney] transfer auto detection

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 2 22:20:59 UTC 2013

On 2013.04.02 15:50, Atish Nazir wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a current account and two credit cards; I pay off my credits
> cards via direct debt and BACS from my current account.  I import
> OFXs for all three accounts manually.
>
> I can't figure out how to get KMyMoney to auto match the withdrawals
> from my current account to the payments on my credit cards. The
> amounts match and the dates match.  I can create the transactions by
> hand, but it's cumbersome and I have to ensure that I delete the
> imported payments and withdrawals.
>
> Thanks in advance.

If I understand correctly what you want, yes, it can work.  However,
for any transaction, it is important to get the first imported instance
set up correctly.  For example, if you import the credit card OFX, the
payment will just show up as a deposit to the account.  You need to
manually edit that to be a transfer from the current account.   If you
don't do that, then the current account OFX import will just show a
payment, not a transfer.  On an OFX import, KMM only matches imported
transactions to transactions already in that account.  It does not look
for matches in other accounts.

Let us know if this does not explain your issue, of if this advice does
not work for you.